One of our favorite things to do at Remi is display plaques of the company’s various achievements and proudest moments around the headquarter office space in Charlotte, NC. And no one preserves our most notable accomplishments better than In The News, Inc. Since 1987, the company has provided custom lamination and engraving services. In the 25 years of operation, In The News, Inc. has created over 1 million custom, hand-stained wall plaques for their national customer base of over 500,000 clients, according to their website.
In The News, Inc.’s mission statement thoroughly covers the important points of who, what, why, and how. Who: offer lamination and engraving services to individuals, small, medium, and large businesses throughout the US. What: make available a product which prominently and tastefully displays the article or achievement. Why: dedicated to building a company that will provide opportunities to employees, managers, and stockholders. How: maintain an exciting and professional atmosphere committed to enhancing the pride and self-esteem of each team member.
Remi has been using In The News, Inc. since 2002…that’s over a decade of service! When a plaque needs to be made, we contact our Senior Account Executive, JoAnn Snider, directly. Typically, custom wooden plaques are made to display magazine articles, for example, Remi’s original industry articles appearing in DOTmed magazine or Radiology Today magazine; to showcase prestigious awards won, such as the Business North Carolina Fast 40 award two years in a row; or display prominent marketing pieces, like the 4-page exposition on Remi featured in Greater Charlotte Biz magazine.
Overall, Remi rates In The News, Inc. 5 out of 5 stars! Below are the company’s pros and cons:
- A dedicated, friendly account executive. A relationship has formed over the years with Remi’s Senior Account Executive, JoAnn, and she can always be counted on to answer any questions and always give her honest opinion.
- Quality work at a fair price. The wooden plaques commemorating some of Remi’s proudest moments are made in-house at In The News, Inc., arrive in sturdy packaging and once opened, a beautiful piece of artwork is revealed.
- Customized name plates. Each plaque has the option to come with a customized name plate featuring important information about the plaques contents. In Remi’s case with industry articles, the name plate displays our company name, the name of the publication, and the date.
- Bragging rights. In The News, Inc. allows companies, like Remi, to tastefully brag about company achievements. The plaques are eye-catching, decorative pieces that can be displayed throughout the office. When guests visit, the plaques can be used as ice breakers or make excellent conversation starters.
- There’s only one…a long turnaround time. It takes a few weeks to receive a plaque once ordered. There are two reasons. One, because of the nature of the lamination process, hard copies of the original document being made into a plaque have to be mailed in. Given today’s technology, it seems antiquated; but it’s the only option. Electronically scanned in versions of the documents do not create high quality plaques. And two, plaques have to be shipped to Remi because In The News, Inc. is located in Tampa, Florida. Again, this is unavoidable.
The New Year promises to bring more achievements and proud moments to Remi as the company continues to grow its Equipment Maintenance Management Programs across the country. As they happen, we look forward to working with In The News, Inc. throughout the year. Perhaps we might try some new crystalline plaques this year as well.
Do you get plaques made? Have you worked with In The News, Inc. before? Share your stories with us!